Monday, June 29, 2009

Portugal

I haven´t been able to update recently because of lack of Internet... here´s why:
I took a train from France to Lisbon. Lisbon, Portugal´s capital is pretty small... about 500,000 people compared to 12 million in Paris. It´s sort of like San Francisco... there are giant hills and you have to jump on trams to get anywhere. I went to the Castelo Sao Jorge... A castle that was built in the 1100s while Portugal was ruled by Arabs. The walls were still intact and you could see all over Lisbon because the castle was of course on top of a giant hill.
Portugal has great food and drink for really cheap, and dinners are a big affair... I´m talking like 2 or 3 hours with a lot of restaurants having a singer to entertain you.
After 2 days in Lisbon we took a train to the very Southern tip of Portugal, where there is a beautiful medival beach town called Lagos. Lagos has city walls from the olden days, and the streets are all cobblestone. The beaches there are gorgeous! There are little sand inlets surrounded by giant cliffs that jut out into the Ocean. You can swim in the holes in the cliffs, its kind of like a giant beach playground!
And a quick bus ride away are Atlantic breakers... which meant more surfing!! I didn´t get stung by a jellyfish this time. Anyways, the Internet in Lagos was really expensive, so I waited until now to update my blog.
I just got to Madrid... I met some Americans on the train here and we´re going to a bullfight. Torro torro!!! Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment