Saturday, July 4, 2009

Barcelona and South of France

Hello!
I spent a couple days in Barcelona, it was a fun and interesting city.. I did a walking tour one day and here are some highlights: Barcelona is the capital of the Catalonian region in Spain. They dont think of themselves as Spanish, and in fact, they dont even speak Spanish. Franco (ex dictator of Spain) actually tried to stop them from having their own language. He used to execute people for speaking Catalan... Anyways, Barcelona only became touristy after they got the 1992 olympics.
One of Barcelonas claims to faim is that Antonio Gaudi, a super famous architect lived there and did a ton of stuff in the city. Gaudis last work was Sagrada Familia and its still in the process of being built.
Right now Im in Nice, I got here late last night... Today I went to Monaco, maybe you saw me on TV?? Waving to Lance Armstrong?? Yes it was the first leg of Tour de France!!! Pretty exciting! And of course I stopped in the Monte Carlo when I was there.. I couldnt afford to gamble though!

No comments:

Post a Comment